Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Insanity- Yes I am Insane

Why hello blog, I've missed you. I'm re-entering the blog world with a challenge for myself. My challenge involves two parts- working out and blogging about it. But this won't be your normal, "I feel so great about myself, I am so happy I am doing this" type of blogging. No, No, this will be the cold hard truth. And the truth is Insanity SUCKS.
What is Insanity? THIS is insanity Damn you Sean T. Insanity, for those of you who don't want to click my little link I gave you, is a 60 day workout program that is basically so intense that it's insane.

Now WHY, WHY you ask, WHY THE HELL am I doing this?


It's all his fault. Meet Taylor, our evil overlord for the duration of this crazy journey. Taylor is an amazing, passionate person. He is a lover, not a fighter, and has quickly become one of my favorites in the short time I have known him. Taylor is an active, fit, athletic guy, and he manages to make me look horrible while we try to kick Insanity's ass each day. Taylor innocently asked me one day if I would like to participate in this journey, and for a brief moment in time, I lost my senses and said yes.  So, Taylor, being the persistent little booger that he is, is holding me to my "yes". He is dragging Caitlyn and Me every day to kill ourselves while we do this crazy thing called "Insanity". 

Speaking of Caitlyn....


Meet Caitlyn, our resident "baby", and self proclaimed "I've never worked out in my life" chica. Caitlyn danced for approximately 15  years (I think, I hope I listened right) and has every bit of grace of a dancer, but like me lacks the desire to run miles and miles a day. We thought we'd do Insanity for fun, little did we know it is NOT ANY FUN.

Today is day 2. And as I sit on my sofa and type this, the following areas of my body hurt- Shoulders, legs, knees, shins, ankles, and my abs. And no this isn't a "Oh I feel so good my body hurts from working out" kind of pain. This is a plain and simple, "My feet are cold but I know it will hurt to move when I reach for my slippers so I'm just going to be cold" kind of pain.

I know what all of you are thinking, "Emily, why the hell are you doing it if you are going to complain so much?" The truth is, I do want to feel better. I want my clothes to fit better, and to be able to go upstairs without getting winded. I want to be one of those people who LOVES to exercise. Though I strongly doubt that last one will happen, I want the rest of the things to happen.

ALSO- I want abs like hers...


Okay, I know, my abs won't look like that, but a girl can dream right? Okay so, two days down folks. 58 to go. We did the fit test on day one (yesterday), and the first day of some evil Cardio thing today. I'll keep you all updated with our progress and the evilness of it all. Right now, the warm up gets me winded, so hopefully, I will progress and maybe not be winded by the warm up by day...20. See, setting goals already. GO ME.

Okay so! Wish us luck! Check back in. You can follow Taylor on Twitter at @TaylorAndrewsAU and Caitlyn at @CaitlynCarter. We all bitch equally about this hellacious journey we're going on, so it will be fun to see what we have to say. AND if all of this pays off, and we have sexy steel like abs, I might even let y'all see the before and after photos.... but just maybe.

Oh and last but not least, thank you to everyone who on Day 2 has already told us Congrats and that you are proud of us! There's lots of you out there and we need all the encouragement we can get. So keep "liking" those Facebook statuses, and keep the "You go Girls!" coming, because we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment